Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Welcome to Science Stuff Blog

Hi!

Have you ever wondered about viruses?  I mean, we all get colds and flu but have you ever thought about serious viruses?  Things that are deadly?

One of the scariest viruses is Ebola.  Did you know that there was an Ebola scare in Reston, VA?  Within a short drive of the White House is a research facility where monkeys were housed.  Something happened and a monkey with Ebola escaped from his cage and there was a potential for this hemorrhagic fever to infect people in our country!!!

I read the book  The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. 
You might enjoy it too.  It is a fictional book based on the events in Reston.  I'm including some links that may help you understand more about how viruses are spread.

My goal is to share some of the very cool books that relate to science topics and maybe inspire some of you to read more and find out what I did....books can be exciting!!!!
I hope you will share some titles you have enjoyed with me.
Dr. LuAnne Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment